User Manual for Fitindex Smart Body Scale
This manual is for following scale models: FA-01
The scale is specially designed to test your Weight, Body Water, Bone Mass, Metabolic Age, BMI, Body Fat, Subcutaneous Fat, Visceral Fat, Skeletal Muscle, Muscle Mass, Protein, BMR, Fat-free Body Weight. It works with the "FITINDEX" App and can be used as a helpful tool to control your weight.
Precaution For Use
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using this device, certain basic precautions should be always followed:
1. The scale is for household use only and not for medical or commercial use.
2. Any persons who may be pregnant, suffer from osteoporosis, have a pacemaker, artificial joints, portable ECG or other metal devices implanted in their body are advised against using this scale. If doing so, please use it for weight measurement only and wear shoes to bypass the electric current when stepping on the scale for measurement.
3. All body composition data is for reference and should not be used as a substitute for advice from a licensed health care professional.
4. Do not overload the scale (Max. Capacity: 400lb / 180kg).
5. Check the scale before each use. Do not use the scale if it is damaged. The continuous use of a damaged scale may cause inaccurate results or injury.
6. If the scale malfunctions, first check the battery power. Replace the batteries if necessary.
7. To ensure accuracy, use the scale on a solid, flat and dry surface.
8. Do not stand on the edges of the scale or jump on the scale to avoid any injury.
9. The scale is a fragile and high-precision measuring device. Never jump on, stomp on, or disassemble the scale. Handle it carefully to avoid breakage.
10. The scale is not waterproof. Keep it dry and never immerse it in water. To clean the surface, use a damp cloth or glass cleaner. Do not use soap or other chemical cleaning agents.
11. To prevent interference or danger, do not use the scale in an environment near equipment with strong electromagnetic fields.
12. Do not expose the scale to direct sunlight or use the scale in high temperatures or extremely humid areas. Place the scale in a cool, dry place when not in use.
13. Do not attempt to disassemble the scale for any reason as it may void the warranty.
Know Your Fitindex Scale
|Body Composition Scale
|0.4-400lb / 0.2-180kg
|0.2lb / 0.05kg
|11 × 11 × 0.9 inch
|28 × 28 × 2.3 cm
|3 × 1.5V AAA (included)
|AAA Battery Model
|Lb/kg ( Switch via Fitindex App in the Settings)
2. PRODUCT OVERVIEW
4. BATTERY INSTALLATION
Open the cover of the battery compartment on the back of the scale and install
the provided 3 AAA batteries correctly.
· Do not mix used and new batteries.
· If "Lo" appears on the display, please replace the batteries. The batteries provided are NOT rechargeable. DO NOT attempt to charge the batteries.
1. Download the App
Scan the QR code below or search for "FITINDEX" on the Apple App Store or
Google Play to download the FITINDEX APP.
* Apple and the Apple Logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
* Google Play is a trademark of Google LLC.
Due to continuing updates and improvements, the FITINDEX App may appear slightly different.
2. Log in / Sign up
a. Log in directly with an existing FITINDEX App account.
b. If you have no account, tap "Sign up" to register an account using your email address and complete your profile information.
3. Connect to the App
Before adding the device, enable Bluetooth on your smartphone.
a. Open the FITINDEX App.
b. Step on the scale with bare, dry feet. When the Bluetooth icon appears on the App, it indicates a successful pairing.
a. Open the FITINDEX App.
b. Tap "+" on the top right of the Measurement page and choose "Device Management".
c. Follow the in-the-app instructions and tap the scale icon to finish pairing.
Calibrate the scale before each use to ensure accuracy.
a. Place the scale on a flat, solid and even surface.
b. Step on the scale to activate it and then step off.
c. The scale will show "CAL" and then "0.0" or "0.00" to indicate calibrating is
* To directly obtain your data of weight, BMI, body fat, muscle mass, body water, bone mass and metabolic age from the scale's display, you must connect the scale to the FITINDEX App on the first use for subsequent user identification.
1. Ensure the scale is placed on a flat, solid and even surface. Avoid any carpeting or uneven flooring.
2. Pair the scale with the FITINDEX App on the first use.
3. After calibrating the scale, step on the scale's conductive areas with bare and dry feet.
4. Stand and keep still until the weight measurement flashes twice. When ""0000"" appears on the display, it indicates the scale is detecting the body fat. Once body fat detection is complete and you can view your data of BMI, body fat, muscle mass, body water, bone mass and metabolic age on the display directly.
Tip: If the scale is connected to the FITINDEX App, you can get additional body composition indexes (e.g. subcutaneous fat, fat-free body weight, etc.) on the app once the measuring is complete.
|Connected to the App
on the first use and
measure with bare and
|Weight, BMI, body
fat, muscle mass,
body water, bone
mass, metabolic age
|Connected to the App
on first use but wear
|Measure with bare
feet but never
connected to the App
to use before.
|Never connected to
the App to use before
and wear shoes when
Tips: It is recommended to use the scale at the same time and under the same condition each time to ensure accuracy.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. If you are having connectivity issues, please use the "Bluetooth Anomaly Detection" function:
- Open the FITINDEX App.
- Go to "My Account" > "Settings".
- Select "Bluetooth Anomaly Detection" and follow the instructions shown.
- Upload the abnormality report with the error code.
- Please email our support team with your App account email and the error code (email@example.com).
2. Why isn't the scale detecting body fat and/or other data?
a. Ensure your feet are dry and bare.
b. Stand and keep still for 5-10s on the scale's conductive areas to get the measurement, facing the display.- If still not, try applying some moisturizer to your feet and measure again.
Alternatively, ask another person to repeat the 2 steps above.
3. I have registered an account on the FITINDEX website, why can't I log into the App?
Because the FITINDEX website and FITINDEX App are two different systems, you must create an account for the FITINDEX App.
If you are prompted that "the server is unable to service your request", please follow these steps:
a. Check your internet connection. Turn off your WiFi and try logging in using your mobile phone network/WLAN.
b. Disable your VPN if you are using one.
4. Why can I get my data of BMI, body fat, muscle mass, body water, bone mass, metabolic age from the scale's display, but my family or friends can't?
Your family or friends must log in to the FITINDEX App with their own account and connect the scale to the App to finish the first measurement, or complete their profile information on your App using the "add a member" function and then connect the scale to the FITINDEX App on first use.
The manufacturer's warranty is void under the following circumstances but not limited to:
• Improper or inadequate maintenance or modification.
• Accident, misuse, abuse, contamination, or other external causes.
• The use of unspecified adapter and accessories.
• Loss or damage in transit.
• Damages that occur as a result of one's failure to follow the instructions.
• This warranty does not apply to expendable or consumable parts and does not extend to any product from which the serial number has been removed.
We have an award-winning warranty, exchange, and customer service team that guarantees hassle-free solutions to any issue you might have within business hours.
Tel: +1(714)602-6510 (US ONLY) Monday-Friday 9:00AM-4:30PM
1800 69 7367 (AU ONLY) Monday-Friday 9:00AM-6:00PM (AEST)
*For defective products or the return of items, please contact us with your order number within the specified warranty period. DO NOT dispose of any product parts as they may be required for inspection/repair.
FCC Regulatory Compliance
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two
(1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Warning: Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications.
However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation.
If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
RF Exposure Compliance
This equipment complies with FCC radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment. This transmitter must not be co-located or operating in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
ISED Regulatory compliance
This device contains licence-exempt transmitters that comply with Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada’s licence-exempt RSS(s).
Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
(1)This device may not cause interference.
(2)This device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
Le présent appareil est conforme aux CNR d'Industrie Canada applicables aux appareils radio exempts de licence. L'exploitation est autorisée aux deux conditions suivantes:
(1) l'appareil ne doit pas produire de brouillage, et (2) l'utilisateur de l'appareil doit accepter tout brouillage radioélectrique subi, même si le brouillage est susceptible d'en compromettre le fonctionnement.
This equipment complies with IC RSS-102 radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment.
Cet équipement est conforme aux limites d'exposition aux radiations IC CNR-102 établies pour un environnement non contrôlé.